- The Intensive Care Unit (ICU) is a fully equipped with bedded unit-providing intensive care for patients who have either or both medical and surgical problems. Patients in the units are closely monitored with bedside monitors, which are connected to a central monitoring unit at the nurses’ station.
- The dedicated healthcare team is made up of Doctors, ICU trained and experienced staff nurses, Respiratory Therapist, Physiotherapist and Healthcare Assistants.
- One of the goals of the team is to provide safe patient care for ‘Fast-track recovery” with minimal complications.
- The nursing team, led by the Nurse Manager, provides round the clock nursing care. Intensive nursing care is provided for those who just had surgery, Interventional cardiology as well as those who very critical and need close monitoring
- The doctors provide 24 hours’ service and are rostered to do call duties.
- Visiting hours for Intensive Care Unit are as follows:
- 1200hrs — 1400hrs
- 1500hrs — 2100hrs
Visitors to the Intensive Care Unit are limited to TWO visitors for each patient at any one time.
Children under the age of 12 years old are NOT allowed in Intensive Care unit.